Wednesday, August 30, 2006

VCs! Watch out for them hemorrhoids!

I'm really proud to say that last week Skyrove won the Technology Top 100 award for the 'Most Promising Emerging Enterprise'!

In addition, we were also chosen to go to Berlin in October this year to present to investors at the European Venture Market. (Email me if you'd like to meet up!)

Click here to read the recent ITWeb article on the TT100 Awards.

I was still feeling proud and pompous the next day when Tai Schierenberg, a former surgeon who's now in Venture Capital, told me of a saying in the VC community that states: "Awards are like hemorrhoids, sooner or later every asshole gets one"

I thought it pretty funny but thought that VCs might just be jealous for not getting enough credit.

So I did a Google search for 'Entrepreneur Award' which returned 11,900,000 results and then for 'Venture Capital Award' which returned 21,100,000 results, almost twice as many.

At least now we know who gets the most awards...

No comments: