Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Thing about Geeks...

Super Connector Dave Duarte organised another 'geeky dinner' last Friday at Sinn's in Wembley Square.



Pictured above are Farzaneh Behroozi and Maximillian Kaizen, the only two 'girly geeks' at the party. Spot the notebook on the table in which Farzaneh is constantly writing down cool ideas!


The thing about geeks is that you always learn something new. I had lunch the other day with Dave Gale when he showed me a cool widget for testing VoIP quality.

He was taking periodic screenshots of the tiny widget using the 'PrtScr' button, so I showed him how to use 'Alt + PrtScr' to capture only the selected window.

In turn he showed me a really nifty trick in Excel. Using the REPT() function you can quickly create ASCII bar graphs!




The reason geeks will inherit the earth is not because of their Mensa worthy IQs, but because they are always looking for a chance to share knowledge, no matter how trivial!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was fun meeting new Geeks. I sense great things are about to happen/ are happening.

Anonymous said...

I am a convereted jock and would like to thank the geek community for taking me in.

Anonymous said...

I heartily agree Henk. Always a pleasure to have you in the environs of a localised brainstorm fr some supercharge!
Huge thanks for bringing the passionate and supersmart Farzaneh to play with us too.
- the girly geek ;-)